The researcher is always on the look out for primary sources.
When such sources are found, then these citations will be made as applicable to the family line or individual being researched.
Some sources of consequence will be housed in this section as well.
- Colonial families of the United States of America, in which is given the history, genealogy and armorial bearings of colonial families who settled in the American colonies from the time of the settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the battle of Lexington, 19th April, 177.
- Corbett, P. Scott. U.S. History. Open Stax.
- Drapper, Lyman C. King's Mountain and its heroes; The History of the Battle of King's Mountain and the Events that led to it. 1881.
- Grey family.
- John Mumford.
- Mackenzie, Alexander. Chisholms. 1890.
- Francis Monforde, http://www.davidkfaux.org/files/deMundefordReport.pdf
- Richard de Beaufou was also known as Richard FirzHerluin.
- Ellis,Hurstpierpoint: its Lords and Families, 1866, Google Books
- Richard FitzHerluin.
- Descendants of Richard de Beaufou.
- Richard deBeaufou and descendants, 4 generations.
- Cokayne, George Edward, Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant. Gloucester: A Sutton, 1982. Available at familysearch.org/search/catalog/271412. Vol 1-4 also available at archive.org/completepeerageo01coka, completepeerageo02coka, completepeerageo03coka, and completepeerageo04byucoka.
- Farrer, William, Early Yorkshire Charters: being a collection of documents anterior to the thirteenth century made form the public records, monastic chartularies, Roger Dodsworth's manuscripts and other available sources, Volume 2, Edinburgh: Ballantyne, Hanseon & Co, 1915.
- Keats-Rohan, K.S.B., Domesday Descendants, A Prosopography of Persons Occurring in English Documents 1066-1166. Vol II: Pipe Rolls to Cartae Baronum. Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk: Boydell Press, 2002. NYPL ARF 03-4178 vol 2.
- Keats-Rohan, K.S.B., Domesday People, A Prosopography of Persons Occurring in English Documents 1066-1166. Vol I: Domesday Book. Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk: Boydell Press, 1999. NYPL ARF 03-4178 vol 1. Corrections in Volume II (Domesday Descendants) pp 4-5. Further corrections at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~prosop/domesday-people-corrigenda.pdf
- Schwennicke, Detlev, ed., Europaische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der europaischen Staaten, New Series. III.4 (#601-#820): Das Feudale Frankreich und sein Einfluss auf die Welt des Mittelalters. Marburg: Verlag von J. A. Stargardt, 1989.
- Sherman, Richard M, Continental Origins of the Ghent Family, Nottingham Medieval Studies, 1978, pp23-35.
- Southern Campaigns Revolutionary War Pension Statements & Rosters
- Stanhope, Michael. THE ORIGINS OF THE STANHOPE FAMILY.
- Watney, Vernon James, The Wallop Family and their Ancestry, Oxford:John Johnson, 1928. LDS Film#1696491 items 6-9. NYPL ARZ+ (Wallop) (Watney, V. J. Wallop family). Available at familysearch.org/search/catalog/213421.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr, David Faris, Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists who came to America before 1700, 7th Edition, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co, 1992.
- Wurts, John S., Magna Charta: The Pedigrees of the Barons, Philadelphia, PA: Brookfield Publishing Co, 1942.
Articles on or about this subject:
Sources: Rootsweb 1